|1||Gentlemen Take Polaroids||7:04|
|2||My New Career||3:52|
|3||The Other Side Of Life||7:25|
|4||Life Without Buildings||6:35|
|6||Methods Of Dance||6:50|
|8||Visions Of China|
Written-By – Jansen
|10||The Art Of Parties||6:46|
|VGD 3510||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (2xLP, Comp)||Virgin||VGD 3510||UK||1984|
|VGDCD 3510, 0777 7 86728 2 1||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (CD, Comp, RE, RP, tak)||Virgin, Virgin||VGDCD 3510, 0777 7 86728 2 1||UK & Europe||Unknown|
|VGD 3510||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (2xLP, Comp)||Virgin||VGD 3510||Australia||1985|
|VGDCD 3510||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (CD, Comp, RP)||Virgin||VGDCD 3510||UK||Unknown|
|VJCP-36017||Japan||Exorcising Ghosts (2xCD, Comp)||Virgin Japan||VJCP-36017||Japan||1991|
- Arranged By [String Arrangement] – Ann O'Dell (tracks: 6)
- Bass Guitar [Fretless Bass], Clarinet, Suona [Dida], Saxophone – Mick Karn
- Design, Artwork By [Art & Design] – Russell Mills
- Drums, Percussion, Electronic Drums, Percussion [Keyboard Percussion] – Steve Jansen
- Edited By [Compilation], Engineer [Compilation Engineered By] – Nigel Walker
- Engineer [Engineers] – Colin Fairley, John Punter, Nigel Walker, Steve Nye, Steve Prestage
- Guitar – Rob Dean (tracks: 1 to 3, 6)
- Keyboards, Programmed By [Keyboard Programming], Tape [Tapes] – Richard Barbieri
- Keyboards, Programmed By [Keyboard Programming], Tape [Tapes], Guitar, Vocals – David Sylvian
- Photography By – David Buckland
- Producer [Producers] – Japan, John Punter, Steve Nye
- Violin – Simon House (tracks: 5, 10)
- Written-By – Sylvian
The duration of tracks is not documented either on the CD, nor packaging. The durations on this submission have been taken from a CD player and entered manually.
℗ 1984 This Compilation Virgin Records Ltd.
© 1984 Virgin Records Ltd.
CD: Made in Holland.
Back Sleeve: Printed in Holland.
Inner Booklet: Printed in Holland.
All Titles published by Chadwick Nomis Ltd. / Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd., except Track 3, 'Quiet Life', 'The Other Side Of Life', published by Chadwick Nomis Ltd.
℗ 1980 Virgin Records Ltd. (Tracks 1, 2, 4 & 5)
℗ 1980 Ariola Eurodisc GmbH. (Tracks 3 & 6)
℗ 1981 Virgin Records Ltd. (Tracks 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11)
- Barcode (Text): 0 77778 67282 1
- Barcode (Scanned): 077778672821
- Label Code: LC 3098
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): EMI UDEN 7867282 @ 1 2-1-2-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): EMI UDEN 7867282 @ 1 020204
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 3): EMI UDEN 7867282 @ 1 2-1-3-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 4): EMI UDEN 7867282 @ 1 2-2-1-NL
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 5): EMI UDEN 7867282 @ 1 020203-NL
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L046
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1512
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI AAH59
- Mould SID Code (Variant 3): IFPI 1543
- Mould SID Code (Variant 4): IFPI 150F
- Mould SID Code (Variant 5): IFPI AAH50
- Mould SID Code (Variant 6): IFPI 1451
- Price Code: F: PM 500
- SPARS Code: AAD
- Rights Society: BIEM STEMRA
- Other (UK catalogue number): UK: VGDCD 3510
- Licensed Through – Ariola Eurodisc GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Ariola Eurodisc GmbH
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Virgin Records Ltd.
- Published By – Chadwick Nomis Ltd.
- Published By – Virgin Music (Publishers) Ltd.
- Glass Mastered At – EMI Uden – 7867282
Exorcising Ghosts is a compilation album by the British band Japan, released in October 1984 by record label Virgin. Exorcising Ghosts was compiled and produced in consultation with lead singer David Sylvian two years after Japan dissolved. It features three recordings from the band's early career on the Hansa Records label such as 1979's Quiet Life but mainly focuses on material from their two studio albums on Virgin Records Gentlemen Take Polaroids 1980 and Tin Drum 1981. Exorcising Ghosts - Japan. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Album 1984 11 Songs. Exorcising Ghosts. That all said, though, if one needs to have a useful enough starting point for what made Japan so great, Exorcising Ghosts is a reasonable way to start. The emphasis is entirely on the moody, melancholic but energetic phase of Japan's career - there's nothing earlier than a couple of cuts from Quiet Life, and any hint of the band's trash glam rock start is carefully and quietly ignored. Album Exorcising Ghosts by Japan with lyrics: Methods Of Dance,Swing,Gentlemen Take Polaroids,Quiet Life,A Foreign Place,Nightporter,My New Career,The Other Side Of Life,Visions Of China,Taking Islands In Africa,Ghosts. Taking Islands In Africa Steve Nye Remix on vinyl release only. Sons Of Pioneers on vinyl release only. Released October 1984. Exorcising Ghosts Tracklist. Methods of Dance Lyrics. The first of several compilation albums released after Japans breakup, Exorcising Ghosts is difficult to label as anything in particular it is not a greatest hits, singles collection or B-sides album, though it can perhaps be seen as Virgins response to Hansa-Ariolas Assemblage. Exorcising Ghosts, 2003. Methods of Dance, 06:50. Gentlemen Take Polaroids, 07:03. Quiet Life, 04:51. My New Career, 03:51. The Other Side of Life, 07:24. The title track of John Piccari's 2011 album, now available via . John Piccari. CD Baby CD Baby Pro Publishing, BMI - Broadcast Music Inc. JAPAN - Ghosts - Продолжительность: 5:39 Bila Martins Recommended for you. Gotye with Yum Cha Sessions covering Japan's - Продолжительность: 3:43 Groovescooter Recommended for you. Yoshimi - Japanese Ghosts III - Продолжительность: 45:16 DREAM CATALOGUE Recommended for you. Язык: Русский. Страна: США. Listen free to Japan Exorcising Ghosts Methods Of Dance, Swing and more. 16 tracks 83:05. Imported ed. Japan Format: Audio CD. Please retry. Classic new romantic ensemble Japan with their album Exorcising Ghosts compiling their singles along with the B-sides. 11 tracks
Title: Exorcising Ghosts
Country: UK & Europe
Style: Synth-pop, Art Rock, New Wave
Catalog: VGDCD 3510, 0777 7 86728 2 1
Size MP3: 2851 mb
Size FLAC: 1616 mb
Rating: 4.6 / 5
Record source: CD, Compilation, Reissue